What May Cause the Need for a Professional Auto Transmission Repair
In order to drive safely, you need to make sure that your transmission is in a good condition all year round. Here is a short guide on the most common transmission problems that may provoke the need for a professional auto transmission repair. We hope that knowing their symptoms will help you prevent any major issues in time.
- Low transmission fluid. This problem can be caused either by leaks or slow shifting and gear slippage.
- Torque converter issues. The torque converter pressurizes the automatic transmission fluid. A damaged or worn converter makes grinding sounds and prevents the transmission from operating flawlessly.
- Overheating. It is normally caused by either insufficient level of transmission fluid or heavy tow load. Overheating can make the transmission seize and in most cases leads to the need for a total transmission replacement if the problem is not addressed in a timely fashion.
- Driving style. Aggressive driving, improper shifting and general abuse can cause the transmission to fail. In order to avoid such problems, you’d better never shift a car to reverse while it’s moving forward.
- Solenoid issues. The solenoid controls the transmission fluid flow. Solenoid issues may be mistaken for low or leaking fluid.
- Problems with the clutch. The main symptoms include harsh shaking and high heat levels. Significant drop in power output is a good indication that you have such problems.
- If you drive a used vehicle, its history is extremely important. You’d better visit a transmission specialists to inspect your automobile before you hit the road for a long trip with the family.
- Gears wear over time. Regular maintenance is recommended if you want to make sure that they stay in a good working order.
- Faulty wiring. Your vehicle’s transmissions operate on a series of linkage connections. Any break in the system can lead to total transmission failure.
To learn more on the subject, contact the auto transmission repair specialists of Sharp Transmissions Northwest Las Vegas in Northwest Las Vegas, NV at (702) 706-7723. We will be glad to answer all of your questions regarding transmission maintenance!